Career Boost 2022
Career Boost to V edycja bezpłatnego 2-dniowego webinarium dla osób poszukujących pracy wraz z możliwością skorzystania z symulowanej rozmowy rekrutacyjnej oraz indywidualnego wsparcia mentora.
Career Boost V will be held on two dates:
April 19-20 - training delivered in Polish (registration closed)
April 21-22 training delivered in English
Join us - sign up - click on the "apply" tab at the top
Experts from UBS together with a group of volunteer trainers will share their knowledge and experience with everyone who is currently looking for a job.
For all participants we offer:
- two-part, very practical webinar (2 x 4h),
- individual mentoring- up to 3 individual meetings with a mentor,
- individual simulation of a job interview (for those who provide a CV)
- certificate confirming participation in the project for active participants.
What is mentoring?
A mentor is a person who has knowledge and experience in a given field and wants to share it with others. At Career Boost, mentors are volunteers - UBS employees who have already gone through the job search process, acquired the professional competencies required for the job market or position and now want to share their experiences to help others achieve their professional goal.
Topics covered during the webinar:
- How to identify your strengths and talents and set goals like a professional
- How to identify your goal and create a road map to achieve it
- Personality types- how to understand where you fit in life
- Tools for self-assessment and talent identification
- 12 identification tags for contractors
2. How to create a CV that your future employer will not be able to resist
- What is the role of CV? Why do I have to do it and why do I have to do it right?
- How to start?
- The role of aesthetics in a professional CV
- CV structure
- Content of the CV: What should I put in my CV? What to avoid (photo, personal information etc.) In what language should you write your CV?
- Evaluation of sample CVs of participants
3. About the secrets of looking for a job
- Formal approach to job search (company websites, job portals, LinkedIn)
- Informal approach to job search (networking, recruitment, etc.)
- How to make your search successful (job search criteria)
- Analysis of job description with your qualifications
- Tips and advices for finding a job
4. How to prepare for a job interview (simulated interviews)
- Recruitment techniques and methods of their effective preparation:
- HireView- a description of this recruitment method, which involves checking the candidate's specific skills using online questionnaires and video responses:
- Telephone conversation- description of this method of telephone recruitment:
- Conversations via Skype / Zoom / online- a description of the online recruitment method
- Trial interviews (conducted with participants who have expressed their willingness and consent to send their CV):
- A brief summary of strengths and areas of development based on the received CVs
- Recruitment interviews in Polish, English or Polish with elements of English on the basis of received CVs
- Conclusions- constructive feedback session
5. About employment law- what you need to know as an employee
- A brief summary of your rights and obligations as an employee
- Question and answer session
6. How to work effectively from home
- Why working at home can save your time and teach you better time management
- Work from home as the best thing you can experience in your life (tips and tricks)
14 april 2022 end of registration for the Polish group
17 april 2022 end of registration for the English group
|13 April 2022||Skype test call for participants|
|19-20 April 2022||Training delivered in Polish 9.00-14.00|
|21-22 April 2022||Training delivered in English 9.00- 14.00|
|28-29 April 2022||Simulated recruitment interviews (for those interested from both groups)|
|May - July 2022||Mentoring|
The trainings will lead, among others:
- After earning BA degree in Management (Aberdeen), attending International Business Course (Antwerp) and obtaining a Master of Science in Engineering (MSE) degree in Management and Marketing, IT in Management (Wrocław), Daniel has been working for a number of large international organisations, supporting a variety of internal and external clients.
- In his current role he's managing a small team of professionals creating and presenting clear and up to date picture of Group Tech and helping to meet the needs of GT Chief of Staff team and its stakeholders at UBS.
- Among his many passions are resume creation, job interviews and recruitment process and general career mentoring.
- In his free time, Daniel enjoys popular science and classical and contemporary philosophy and psychology literature as well as meditation, hiking and weightlifting.
- A historian and archivist by education (master's degree from the University of Wrocław).
- He gained professional experience in several different industries, including working as a Passenger Service Agent at the airport, servicing the Call Center for the British market, or as the main system administrator, where he had his first serious experience with project management.
- Currently, he has been working as a Project Management Officer at UBS for 3 years, supporting colleagues from Switzerland, the United States, Great Britain and India in the preparation, implementation and administration of various projects.
- He spends his free time with his family (i.e. his wife and sons), thinking about and performing other crazy activities.